Google

Sunday, March 06, 2005

American Idol

Jenny is a sucker for this kind of shit, crying at least twice an hour as she follows her favourites. I must admit it's kind of addictive because some of them are so cheesy and over-confident it's a pleasure to hate them, and I much prefer this to the British version, which is just cringe-worthy, and things like The X-Factor which have no appeal to me whatsoever (G4 fastest selling album of the year so far; what is wrong with people?). It's down to the last 16, eight boys, eight girls and is whittled down every Sunday on ITV2 by 2 from each. The boys have much more collective talent between them, and if I had to pick then it would be either the chubby farmboy who can belt out a few notes alright, thanking God at every opportunity, or Bo Bice, the rocker who reminds me of a young version of the guy from Counting Crows and has more charisma in his little finger than several of the others put together. My god, I need to get a life! Kx

2 Comments:

At 1:03 am, Blogger "Radical" Russ said...

It's Bo "Bice". And Anwar can outsing the lot of 'em. Not that I follow the show or anything. ;)

 
At 3:12 am, Blogger Name: Kirk Bage Born 1973, UK Writer & Actor said...

ah- Bice! - yes, you're right, thanks. I've edited it now just to make you look daft and me look smart. Only kiddin' ya, Russ - Bo Vs Anwar, you're on! Whoever goes out first owes the other fella a cyberpint, yeah?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home