Google

Sunday, March 06, 2005

Formula 1

Noticed that my sport posts had been exclusive to MFC and snooker, which does not reflect everything i take an interest in. One sport i flirt with every year without being too upset if I miss a race is the F1 season. Last night saw the traditional late night / early morning start down under, with new rules again to try and spice things up and make it more competitive. Well, it seemed to work because Giancarlo Fisichella won only his 2nd race in 142 starts, with the ubiquitous M. S. a non finisher in the Ferrari. I do admire the man, and also detest him at the same time! But he drives a Ferrari and they have been my team since boyhood, when before discovering girls I would drool at pictures of F40s etc. These days I don't even drive - never learned, never want to, but the thrill of mindless speed in monster machines still appeals to the deep seated machismo in me; in theory. It's definately a bit sick, but come on, 50% of the people who watch F1 are watching it in the hope there'll be a good crash. See you in Malasia. Kx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home