Google

Friday, February 25, 2005

Some Cities

Album of the week has to be Doves third studio effort: Some Cities. I've liked both their previous releases, especially their debut, Lost Souls, before I even knew who they were and pilferred it from my flatmates collection. They are best when they use haunting background melodies to punctuate catchy choruses and crank up the grime on the production. And thankfully, Some cities embodies exactly that. The first single, Black and White Town failed to impress me too much initially, but as part of the whole continues to grow on me - However it is from track 3 onwards that this becomes well above average, soaring and dipping at leisure with some tenacious hooks and angellic singing. Still listening to it daily and descovering more all the time: recommended. 8.5/10 Kx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home