Google

Monday, February 28, 2005

Hero

Have been looking forward to seeing what all the fuss was about with this one. Martial arts has never been my thing really, with the exception of The Matrix it leaves me a bit cold, but there was so much hype around this I had to see it eventually. Being pretty isn't normally enough on it's own, and yes, the story etc here is so melodramatic and at times unintentionally funny if you are not along for the ride it would be ridiculous. But it is Soooo beautiful who cares! I could watch this on loop for days and not get bored - my eyeballs were leaping out of their sockets for joy on each frame, I've never seen such colours used in a movie like this before. The message behind it too is kind of nice, it failed to reach me too deeply emotionally as it seemed the plot was just an excuse to demonstrate the skills of the choreographers and cinematographer. I will go out and buy this, for the same reasons I bought Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. Interested to see House of Flying Daggers now too, but really, too much of this is not a good thing, it must have substance too, more substance anyway. 7/10 Kx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home