Google

Saturday, March 19, 2005

Welsh Glory

Rugby isn't one of my favourite sports - when I do watch it I enjoy it but it takes a really big match to get me to watch it. That's exactly what we got today as the Welsh Dragons took on Ireland for their first Grand Slam in almost 3 decades - It was at the Millenium Stadium, the Irish hadn't lost in Cardiff for years and most thought that nerves would prevent the home side seeing it through; what more could you want from a sports match? Only a few jitters looked like getting in the way, but a confident display and luck on their side all afternoon brought the trophy back to the valleys in style. From my time in bars, serving all six sets of fans over the years, the Welsh are some of the best fans around and I couldn't help but be chuffed for them. Plus, it puts the arrogant English in their place for a few years. The less said about Scotland the better really. Kx

1 Comments:

At 4:15 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

amazed to hear such objectivity! are you that unhappy about being born in england? i found your site by looking for Wales Grand Slam images.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home