Google

Thursday, February 03, 2005

Tourist

Having discovered and enjoyed their first album just days (spookily) before Wires went stratospheric on radio playlists I've been giving their very different 2nd album a fair share of my attention over the past 72 hours. It's miles away from the quirky debut tracks Westside and You've got the Style in tone, some would say for the better, some for the worse. Common criticism I gather revolves around them being another clone of Coldplay via Keane, but that would only be criticism if you didn't like those bands - and I love 'em! Too many shoe-gazing ballads the moshing masses may say, but I say good tunes. The title track for one, which has single written all over it. As a whole it grows on me the more familiar I get with the melodies and the lyrics, with opening track Chances and track four Trading Air being my initial favourites. Not the most ground-breaking or original band in the world, granted, but emminently relistenable. 8.5/10 Kx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home