Google

Thursday, January 27, 2005

Ring 0

The story of Sadako gets a literal telling in the final film of The Ring cycle, that goes back to her life and misery before the well and before the video of the first two films. I've watched the series of three spread over two years because they freak the hell out of me, and even writing about it now gives me a chill. The American version with Naomi Watts was better than I had anticipated but the Japanese do it best - so otherworldly and disturbing in ways you can't describe. Chapter three then contains all the right kinds of weird and creepy, making you sit very still and wish the lights were on! Some good early scenes gave way though to an ever more bonkers storyline that confuses rather than clears up the mystery. If I was to recommend The Ring to someone who hadn't seen it I would say watch the first one and leave it there: the impression of mystery will stay with you forever. A great character and a very sad story that completely takes care of halloween (see picture). 6.5/10 Kx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home